To remain competitive, companies are utilizing a global workforce that can mobilize quickly. However, the ability to deploy talent across boarders becomes a challenge when your high performers are faced with multi-faceted U.S. tax laws and regulations.
It is important for companies to offer HR programs that support their American and foreign national expatriate employees. When employees are confident that they don’t have to navigate the complexities of U.S. tax law alone, it makes their decision to move in or out of the U.S. easier, which gives your business a competitive edge.
McConnell & Jones LLP provides dedicated tax experts to help drive high performance results within a global workforce by providing a wide variety of tax and accounting services tailored to meet the specific needs of Americans abroad, as well as Foreign Nationals living in the U.S. or having U.S. source of income.
Our services include:
- Identification and preparation of required tax compliance tailored to meet the unique needs of Americans working abroad and foreign employees working in the U.S., including the following tax issues: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Acts (FATCA)
- Foreign assets subject to PFIC Rules
- Tax treaty opportunities or tie-breaker rules
- Foreign income exclusions and foreign tax credits
- Delivery of basic training on U.S. taxation for international inbound and outbound employees.
- Ongoing personalized consultation services to help ease anxiety about the U.S. tax system and enhance employee satisfaction.
- Utilization of a secure and dedicated online portal for each employee tax return designed to simplify the process, integrate data into tax software, and provide online checklist, tools, and 24 hour accessibility to data regardless of an individual’s geographic location.
In addition to tax preparation, McConnell & Jones acts as a mediator between the individual and the respective tax authority, responding to any IRS or non-US agency notices that may arise.